Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Mother

Today is Mothering Sunday – so ‘Happy Mother’s Day’ to Mothers everywhere. In the Midlands Mothers are often called Mom, whilst in the North of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland they are given the name Mam. The South of England would say that they called their Mothers Mum but the vowels of Londoners are either shortened, lengthened or completely lost so the ear picks up a million splendid variations. Some would say Ma and the Upper Crust supposedly Mater but at least everyone recognises the name that we all call Mother.

My own Mother is long since gone but I still thank her for the beautiful gift of life that she has given to me. For all of her struggles and heartaches; her tender touches; her scolds to keep me safe; her hugs and her kisses; her warm arms that rocked me; her sureness; the nursery rhymes that she would tell me until she was almost hoarse; her beautiful stories; the wonderful memories; her sweet smell; the manners that she taught me; the guide to life that she gave to me; the conversations we had; every precious minute that I spent with her … I am so grateful that she was my Mother.

Once I had a Mother;

    Beautiful was she.

She would kiss me on my ear

    And hug and tickle me.

                         Kloggers

 

Sweet LilyLarge Pink Oriental Lily 

Lily Sweet FragranceLily – large and sweet fragrance

4 comments:

BALLET NEWS said...

Beautiful post ! Have a lovely week

VanillaSeven said...

Lovely Lilies! I love the pastel color of it :)

Have a great week ahead!

Mrs Sweetwater said...

Happy Mothers Day Polly. I remember the mothers days with my mom too. as we remember them, we love them.

Robyn said...

That's really lovely. I am so grateful for my mother. I remember feeling sorry for other kids when I was little that they had to make do with other Mums :)