Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Monday's magical mystery

I have always been taught that creatures, whether they are mammals, birds, arthropods, worms or fish rarely do anything without purpose. I wonder what creature has moved these stones into small groups or piles on the lawn and why?

The first time that I saw a few of these small piles of stones - I thought that one of the family had accidentally kicked them onto the lawn. I eventually reasoned that this was not a possibility when further small piles had been found further into the lawn.

I know that worms very often pull leaves that have fallen off trees in the Autumn down into the ground. Could it be worms that are hauling the stones into piles? As yet I have not seen any sight of a creature moving a stone so I am unsure ... hopefully time will tell ... although I have not heard of anything similar on any other peoples lawns yet!

Mysterious creature moves stones ...

13 comments:

nev said...

EC drop here

Robert A Vollrath said...

I'm hoping that the worms are artist.

Anonymous said...

I think, I too am hoping that it is worms ... but I'm still checking in the hope of actually seeing the culpret. So many little piles in the lawn has nearly ruined the mower ... I almost need radar before I take it out. lol

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Very interesting...could these be like crop symbols, only the aliens are much smaller?

Unknown said...

I'm laughing out loud and wishing I could contribute to this hilarious mystery. We don't have a lot of grass here in the desert so I'm not lucky enough to run into such an oddity. Hope you're having a great day/eve. *big hug* ... even tho' we've never met.

Dirty Laundry Diva said...

It really isn't people kicking the rocks into the lawn? How strange!

Perhaps it was a squirrel!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping it is a squirrel. You never know, really. Maybe some day you will go out to your yard and bend over, looking at a much larger pile of rocks and then, WAM! a group of squirrels jump on your back, biting your ear.

Hey, it could happen. Be afraid... be very afraid.

Cassy said...

Maybe squirrels are marking where they will hide nuts next season?

Anonymous said...

Alien invasion cleverly disguised. Flying saucers drew too much attention.

Pok Dell said...

Dana Scully and Fox Mulder should be notice about this thing

Pam Hoffman said...

It might be a bird!

I've seen shows on TV which depict a particular male bird building this whole structure of things surrounding a 'love nest' to attract a mate.

The scientists moved some pieces and the bird hopped right over and replaced them EXACTLY where they were.

There was something about colors and types too. It was a long time ago.

Come back when you solve the mystery & tell us what you learn!! I'm dying to know. ;)

Pam Hoffman
http://seminarlist.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is really strange - maybe time for mounting a webcam to find that little bugger - LOL.
But seriously I would research the internet for animals doing this kind of thing...
Greetings from Munich,
Petra

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

hi! I have an award for you at my site!