Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Toby Twirl Adventures

When I was a very small child, my parents bought me a book called "Toby Twirl Adventures" by Sheila Hodgetts. It introduced me to the wonderful world of make believe and the mysteries that were housed in the written word. Occasionally, I meet someone who also has the pleasure of this book. It probably isn't available anymore but I have never forgotten it. Toby was a little pig, portrayed as a person. Most of the stories were set in rhyme and with a picture above each part of the tale. It was this book that introduced me to both China and America. post extra: day 28 after St Swithin's - rain showers began just after midnight but the day was sunny and warm.

No comments: