Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Dissolving blanket

During the night it snowed quite heavily. At least heavily enough to have left a soft white blanket over the lawn and flower beds. We awoke, however, to a bright blue sky and warm April sunshine which has melted the snow as quickly as it came ... it has now almost gone. A magic trick of nature!

The snow having now melted from the flower border leaves the small blue grape hyacinths waving in the spring breeze ...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Grape hyacinth flower animated gif

4 comments:

 gmirage said...

I love gardens, too bad I only have a small balcony where I grow plants (in winter just inside the house). You could join the green thumb sunday and contibute your nature shots =) Take care!

Bonnie Story said...

Hello! I am new to snow country and I cannot believe how fast snow can melt! I guess I always assumed that snow would lay around for weeks - well guess again. It really does not hang around long, even in winter around WA where I live now. I used to live north of SF.

Kikey Loo said...

i think Boston has no more snow already! At least I hope so.. cos I wanna spring come!! :)

MamaFlo said...

OMG, I didn't read that the photo was animated and wondered what my frigging eyes were doing to me as I saw blades of grass and such moving.......I have to laugh now at my stupidity.