Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

St David's day - daffodils and leeks

St David is the patron saint of Wales and was born some time in the sixth century. His father was called Sant and his mother Non. St David's name was Dewi Sant. It has been claimed that during his life he went on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. It is also documented that once whilst he was preaching the ground where he stood rose into a mound so that everyone could see his face.

Today, many people celebrate St David's day by wearing a daffodil or baby leek pinned to their clothing. Wales often uses the flag of St David, which contains the red dragon, as its national flag.

Happy St David's day to you all!

. . . 'The month of March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.'

. . . 'If there are mists in March then there will be frosts in May.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obrigado pela sua visita. Excelente blog.

Kikey Loo said...

Hi there, thanks for visit my blog.I love ur blog logo, it's so cool.

Anonymous said...

Hello, stumbled in via blogger. This is an interesting blog.

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com