Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

English country garden

An English country garden is a beautiful place to be. Listening to the hum of the insects and the sound of the birds, especially the blackbird as it calls out its patch of territory. Most especially it is a lovely place to meander and roam in - even if it is quite small. No English country garden could be quite complete without a beautiful red rose. Below is a rose that is just about perfect - it is a climber that is cramped with petals that smell so sweet and heady - a red, red rose ..... that smells like Turkish delight!
A red rose - sweetly fragrant and smelling of Turkish delight
Candytuft
Common large pansy
Wild foxglove
(these regularly change their colour - from year to year)
Rosemary
Viola
Red Hot Poker plant
Red hot pokers are one of my most favourite country garden plants. I first encountered them when I was one year old and was immediately drawn to them. As I became slightly older - at three and four - the name was totally tantalising. I had to touch them just to make sure!

6 comments:

MamaFlo said...

The flowers and plants are so beautiful and the rose is especially large and full. Do you have hummingbirds too? I love to watch the hummingbirds.

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

Beautiful! I love the red hot poker plant! I have never seen one before. Great flower pictures. I need to get planting mine soon.

Anonymous said...

I love that rose! Very nice!

I've got several poker plants at my house as well. They are very popular with my kids.

Azure Accessories said...

I love flowers of all kinds...yours are beautiful...I've never heard of the Red Hot Poker before...lovely!
Cheers

Sushi said...

I showed this to Mama and she misses all the nice flowers of England. She lived in London for 5 years. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I like the viola..:D