Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Family planning

As a child, it was commonplace to hear adults talking and littering their conversations with old wives’ sayings. Many are no longer used and yet some hold little gems of wisdom. One such saying always puzzled me …

‘Never let a man eat liquorice if you wish for a family!’

I am still puzzled by this one … but many a wife has withdrawn this particular sweet from her husband’s grasp in the past so perhaps there is something in it – who knows!!

3 comments:

Jan from BetterSpines said...

Ummm? What? I really need more information here!

Ann said...

Now that's one that I've never heard before. Hmmm, got me curious now, may have to find out more about that one :) Have a great day

Jude said...

I also have never heard that one before, maybe you can find out where it came from?