Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Award and front page from Pixabay

Although I have only been a member of Pixabay for one month I was delighted today to find one of my pictures had not only received an award from them but also prime position on the front page of their website. I hope that you don’t mind but I wanted to share my pleasure with you all.

The picture is of my beautiful Buckfast Honey Bees and was taken yesterday during the Spring cleaning of our beehive

Pxabay award

 

Buckfast Honey Bees on the First Day of Spring 2014

This is the actual photograph and it was taken on the first day of Spring, 21 March 2014

The variety of bee are Buckfast Honey Bees – they are extremely placid and very gentle, which is why they make an excellent garden bee. They are very good for New Beekeepers to have for their first pets whilst learning all about the art of beekeeping.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Wow, I can see why that was a featured photograph. It's amazing

Sharkbytes said...

Great job! Thanks for helping preserve the honey bees, too.

WillOaks Studio said...

Congratulations...although actually, your photo is so good, choosing it seems like a natural!! I'm impressed by your bee description, too as I'm not familiar with these! Thanks!