Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Bird table, 5 star restaurant - gift

All my life I have enjoyed the various birds that come into the garden. Occasionally being enthralled with a bird nesting in a bush. I had always wanted a bird table to place the various food groups enjoyed by a variety of songbirds that reside in my area. I also remember the long-tailed tits pecking at sunflower heads that had been chopped off and carefully placed on old discarded tea trays. A few years ago I was given a special birthday present of a bird table. It was the kind of bird table that up until that point I had only seen in books mainly as illustrations in fairy stories. It has now become a five star restaurant for the many different birds in our neighbourhood.

It has now had chance to weather, taking on a slightly worn appearance. The birds that visit the garden have got used to it and check it out to find what is available at their little wooden restaurant. It is surprising at the variety of foods that they eat even, on occasion, the odd tropical fruit.

As I also have a cat, it is good to know that she has never tried to climb up the table legs. She does, however, sit and look either from inside with her nose not quite pressed against the window pane or from the corner of the house where she appears to think that she is invisible!

7 comments:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Very very beautiful Bird table~!!!

Kimmy Suzuki said...

Hi!Nice to meet you klogger!Your blog is so nice & interesting too!!!WOW!!!Wild lifes Tht`s sound good!What a nice Bird table.Izzit you make it by yourself?

Unknown said...

Hi - I have to confess - no I didn't make the bird table but I'm very pleased that I now have it!

Anonymous said...

No this one is a cool bird table! Wow!

Unknown said...

Hi Klogger, I like your blog and your cat is totally cute! Nice to meet you.

helio jenné said...

Hi Klogger, your blog is great and your cat is beautiful! Congratulations for the birds restaurant! It's a very good idea. They deserve a good place. A hug from Brazil!

Imagineer said...

How you ever counted how many kinds of birds visited your beautiful bird table?

It's so sweet listening to bird songs every morning.