Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Vaccination - protection for all

Pets require vaccinations. My cat has just had hers. The vet kindly mixes the two solutions together so that she only has to endure one prick. Cats have to be inoculated for the following diseases: Feline Panleucopenia, Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Feline Calicivirus and lastly - Feline Leukaemia. The first three come in one inoculation whilst the last is a separate solution. Feline Leukaemia is usually fatal and and is spread through animal fluids. If a cat gets into a fight with another who then sinks its teeth into your cats flesh, the chances are this disease will be passed on to your cat. If your cat gently noses another cat in friendship, which they do when a visiting cat offers no threat - this is another way the disease is caught. Lastly, it is spread when they mate.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I agree that pets require vaccinations but I'm find many people who don't vaccinate their pets. It's appalling to me. One of my friends says she doesn't because her dog doesn't get out and roam. Of course I don't think that's an excuse at all. Oh well...my dog gets his shots once a year.