Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Enchanting, elusive, exotic, Evening Primrose

With days of rain I thought I would introduce one of my most favourite plants. I have two of them, grown from seed and greatly treasured ... they are called Evening Primrose. These are not the wild variety that are grown for their precious oil. These have much larger flowers and have a propensity to stay close to the ground. They do not spread much and stay confined to quite small areas of ground. Their flowers open widely and greet the brightness of the day with a bright, gay, yellow face - their buds are green and deep red that form into long spikes. One of my plants has spotted buds whilst the other is plain ... both are truly magnificent, and magical and make me feel like I am walking through paradise!

1 comment:

Digital Polaroids said...

Very exotic. I loved it.