Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Plump plum

The single plum on my oldest plum tree is ready for picking … Earlier in the year when the branches were littered with small star-like blossoms, I anticipated armfuls of beautiful fruits. The flowers all withered and blew off the branches and I tried to feel optimistic for at least the tree had blossomed, which it had failed to do on previous years. Then a few weeks ago I noticed just one solitary plum swaying from one of its back branches … here is the plum. I have placed it next to a peach and an ordinary plum and to show its actual size I have also placed a one penny piece as part of the picture.

 

Large plum, peach, plum and penny

Large plum ... black

Large black plum

2 comments:

Martha A. Cheves said...

Plums are one of my favorite fruits. I can't wait for them to come into season and when they do I guess you could say, I overeat.

Cascia Talbert said...

Only one plum? It looks like a good one, though.