Random Ramblings

Random Ramblings: Personal observations on a wide variety of subjects. Photographs of creatures and things that are taken on seeing the unusual as well as everyday things.

Marigold madness cured by the full moon

I have wanted marigolds in my garden for a very long time. I can’t remember how many packets of seeds I have purchased and all to no avail. Then I heard an ancient tale regarding the planting of the marigold seeds. So I thought I would take a chance and follow the chant and see if it works. I now have my very first marigold!

“The marigold flower at the end of its bloom
    dies back to the seed in the shape of the moon.
Plant the seed each October on the night of full moon
    and then every summer the seed will form bloom.”
                                                                                                   Anon

 

Marigold and the October chant

Marigold - The marigold flower at the end of its bloom Marigold, Pot Marigold or Calendula - Calendula officinalis

No comments: